Thursday, September 17, 2015

Is art without meaning decoration?

-I agree with the article because it helps art students to be more cooperative, connected, and intelligent about what kind of project they want to create. It's true that students are obliged to follow instructions that the teacher demonstrates, however it's eventually up to how the student would want to incorporate those skills into hes/her meaningful art pieces. I also feel like the "non-meaningful" aspects to art, like all the techniques we learn in class, enhances the meaning of an art piece. Therefore, I don't agree with the fact that "non-meaningful" art skills don't affect an art project that conveys some sort of theme, message, or concept. With every project of mine, I personally try to incorporate a message or purpose for why I'm doing something; otherwise I end up losing interest in working for it. So asking art students to present a theme for their art won't add any more pressure since we usually already have some sort of inspiration before starting an art project.

This is a project I did in Art 2. There's
 not any specific meaning/message or theme shown
in this drawing, However, with important techniques like
value and shading, the drawing makes the piece look very realistic
So I wouldn't consider this as just a random "decoration" piece. 



No comments:

Post a Comment