Sunday, December 13, 2015

Printmaking project

One thing you've never got the chance to say?
-I am extremely proud of my brother, and will forever stand by his side. 

My project was based on my feelings for my brother, and therefore I chose to make a heart of infinity signs. I used the linoleum block to carve out the infinity sign, painted it black, and then made the shape of a heart using printmaking skills. I also wanted to do a silhouette of some sort, so I decided to paint my brother and I. I made it a point for my figure to be a little ahead, and with my head turned towards him because I wanted to represent the guidance I give for my brother. This project was less of a technique-based project, and more of an emotional one, that I think is respective towards each person's personal feelings; so I made sure I did something that was more personal and mysterious for people to be unknown to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment