Monday, December 7, 2015

Art Museum

1. I liked this piece because it reflects a lot of rush, confusion, and color. My personal style is based on lots of bright colors and emotion, therefore I was most attracted to this creative artwork. I also like how the majority of the splashes of paint are concentrated on one side of the painting. Also, the bright, neon background adds emphasis to the emotion and color. I admire the numerous types of brush strokes that vary between thick and thin lines of paint. Although this piece is just splotches of paint, there is something unique and beautiful about the aggression of how the paint is applied.













2. I particularly didn't see anything in this painting that could be interesting or creative. I admit that the technique was interesting since it was done through his "soak-stain" paint style, however the design itself was very ordinary. I feel if the artist made a unique design through his soak-stain technique, then the piece would appear much more impressive and impactful.











3. "Eh Piece": I liked this piece because the color pink contrasted nicely with the tan shade of the pots. I also liked the shapes of the pots considering that these were made a long time ago. However, I felt that they were very common or ordinary looking. I wouldn't have been attracted to it even now because I'm used to seeing theses traditional pieces from various countries. I feel that a common pottery-maker could easily replicate this design, therefore making this piece a little boring and common.






















No comments:

Post a Comment