Friday, February 14, 2014

Artistic Behaviors 2/14

2.) Artists develop art making skills- What I especially enjoyed doing in this class is learning the different ways of adding value to an art project. I wasn't exactly familiar with it, but I have learned that value can really make a difference in how a design can look. It is actually the interesting contrast that value brings that makes the design stand out to a viewer. I'm not someone who really works with color so much so I'm not as comfortable, but would love to be. I also really enjoyed drawing our warm-ups that included the hands, eyes, and lips. That helped me see proportion and value in what I drew.

-Here I used just regular colored pencils to color a practice zentangle.
-One of my favorite warm-ups was drawing the eye because facial features really have some different ways of making them look realistic. (For example the highlight in the pupil of the eye.)
 -This was entirely a practice on value. This helped see the "sphere" shape of the ball, and the cast shadow beneath it.

No comments:

Post a Comment