Friday, February 14, 2014

Artistic Behaviors 2/14

3.) Artist communicate through their artwork.-The drawing below is obviously not something we drew in class, but it was kept in my separate sketch book at home. I'm pretty sure I drew this a year ago. I usually tend to draw things that have some emotion spread through the face of the drawing. Like in this picture, it's actually a Muslim girl who has a broken heart. I had originally kept the caption of this drawing: "Silence for a woman is the sign of a broken heart". I portrayed this by first making the girl look away from the viewer to show she's looking out for something (figuratively). The frown on her face shows disappointment, and her hair being a tad bit messy shows her uneasiness. The shawl around her head is part of the dressing sense in the Muslim culture; as well as the little piece of jewelry hanging on the left side of her head. The way I personally communicated through this drawing was mainly through her expression.
-This was the original picture which I got somewhat of a reference off of. Since I was trying to express my own message, I purposely changed the orientation of her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment