Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Artists Communicate -3/12/14

Artistic Behaviors: Artists Communicate Through Work

This was a drawing I did just as something to do after finishing my project; a girl hiding behind a curtain with half of her face showing. In this sketch, I kept a very calm expression on her face to make it very pleasant yet expressive. I made her eyes look up, almost as if she's looking at someone right in front of her. The curtain was something new that I added so viewers could see that the girl was shy. For the features on the face, I really tried to highlight the makeup surrounding her eye so it could be the main focus of the picture. I used proportional lines to make the face centered and relative in comparison, along with value added to the inside of her eye to darken the pupil. I always keep some sort of caption to go along with what I want to express through my drawings; and I labeled her as "Too Shy...".

No comments:

Post a Comment