Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Artists Develop Art Making Skills-3/12/14

Artistic Behaviors- Artists develop art making skills:


Oil pastels were something new for me to learn since I hadn't used it as much before. Learning the way to color the local color, highlight, cast shadow, etc. was interesting to see because oil pastels since made the object look so realistic.  Although oil pastels are very messy, whenever I finished my project after using them, I felt like it payed off. One of the starting warm-ups was the apple that had to be colored with all the aspects of art (highlight, shadow, local color,etc.). This exercise helped me understand where to really press down hard on the pastel and when to be soft . Blending was also another technique that required not your finger, but a different color that could build onto your local color. The space project was something I had wanted to do for a long time with pastels, since they make art really stand out. I had drawn Buddha, inspired by the cover picture on my phone, where the features of his face was white, while the rest was pitch black. I had also taken a risk by covering the whole page with the darkest pastel (black) that could have easily been smeared on the white spaces.


No comments:

Post a Comment